One of the most popular scenes to capture on your smartphone’s camera is the perfect beach sunset photo.
How do you accomplish it?
- Find out the sunset time as well as Golden Hour (the last hour of sun for the day) for your location.
- Clouds can add beautiful dimension and color to your photos, so keep an eye on the weather report.
- Scout your beach location, but be mindful of private property!
- Turn off your flash, which should allow for the natural light to take over.
- Use something to help stabilize your hand and your phone, such as a pocket-size tripod.
- Take your time. Don’t be afraid to shift angles and directions.
- Enjoy the moments with friends and family. Sometimes trying to get a good shot will be the best by-product of your experience.
Don’t forget to respect the beach while enjoying what nature has to offer!
- Keep off the dunes. Use the boardwalks and walkways when provided.
- Do not step on vegetation. Their root systems hold the dunes together.
- Please do not litter! Pick up all your trash and recycle what you can.